Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Balboa Battle - Lindy Focus 2012



"Yeah, Balboa seems fine... but I just can't get into it.  It's a little boring for my taste."

"Balboa? Isn't that the one where you do that crazy stuff with your feet?"


"It's just not as exciting as Lindy Hop. It's just not my thing."

Don't get me wrong, for every uninformed or uninterested comment I've heard about Balboa I've also heard a similar interested response from someone who just didn't know how to get started.

So here's the deal - due to a large number of ladies (take note fellows) who have shown interest in learning more about Balboa, we'll be doing a 3 week series at The Lindy Connection starting February 9th.  We'll recap some fundamentals (which always need work, by the way) and add something new each week to expand your Bal-horizons.

I'll also be highlighting, this month, some great Balboa videos to help inspire you.


And for those of you who aren't convinced yet, did you watch the freaking video? This is a massive throwdown, fight to the death. This is a the place where tight/intricate footwork, awesome musicality, and ninja moves come together. Seriously.

I hope you also notice that our friend Matt Mitchell is in the video (who taught a ball lesson back in November at the LC.)

No comments: