Friday, January 27, 2012

Recommended Music - Cross Patch by Fats Waller

Following on the heels of my last post featuring Skye and Frida dancing to All That Meat and No Potatoes by Fats Waller I've decided to begin adding song recommendations to the blog.


So let's start with Mr Waller.  


I won't go into much detail as I'll leave that up to Wikipedia's article, but it's worth pointing out that he had the "honor" of being kidnapped by Al Capone to perform for him personally.


I know, crazy.


Oh, and he was one of the best Jazz pianists of his time and an extremely prolific songwriter.


So here's another one of his many great songs that I find to be particularly suited to Lindy Hop - especially when practicing the movements from the Skye and Frida post.




The title of the song is Cross Patch and you can purchase it here or on Amazon.com.


He has many other songs that are also good and range the full gamut of tempos.  Do a little bit of digging around and you'll find all sorts of great stuff.


Enjoy.

No comments: